Through this course, my peers and I created a "Webliography" that contains our reviews on many websites, apps, and other types of technologies available to teachers. I think that this "Webliography" will be a great tool that I can use in the future to find apps and technology that I may want to use in my classroom. Several apps and websites that I hope to use in my future classroom include; Educreations, Three Ring, Infuse Learning, Toontastic, and Diigo. One of my classmates also introduced us to this IPEVO document camera which I am excited to research more.This course also gave me an opportunity to work with several peers to write and pitch a mock grant proposal based on the ideas behind The Flat Classroom Project. These projects focus on global collaboration through technology with the goal of "flattening" the walls of the classroom and teaching students the 21st Century Skills that will help them become successful. (Check out this post for more about 21st Century Skills.) This project was overwhelming, but it was very exciting to explore different ways that students can enhance their content knowledge, technology skills, and 21st Century Skills while communicating and collaborating with students across the globe.
Overall I feel that this course has made me a more well-rounded teacher. I feel that I not only have the knowledge to teach students the content they need to know, but now I feel that I am ready to teach in a way that engages students and uses the technology that is available effectively. I am very excited to get into the classroom and try out these technologies. As a teacher I hope to better serve my students by working smarter, not harder.
Laura, It was great to work with you in Team 5! I agree that Working Smarter, Not Harder is a huge goal. I think you know more than you think you do with technology and I'm glad that this class opened your mind a bit about using it in your future classroom. Have you already checked out Diigo? Is it worth the subscription cost, do you think? Best of luck to you and thanks for all of your contributions to our team. I think we worked well together and got to see collaboration and sharing of diverse skills in action! Cheers, Carmen
ReplyDeleteThanks for sending me your new blog address. Your blog has many of the exemplary attributes decribed by K. Franker (2012) in "A Rubric for Evaluating Student Blogs," which is posted in the course Bb site for the blog project. You are a good blogger...timely in your posts, which are written in a style that is "appealing for the intended audience." Your layout is very clean and readable and your writing is error free. Just one suggestion...You might want to check your link to the blog that you refer to here about flat classrooms is no longer live.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your efforts to become a more powerful teacher!